Every member of Chapter 470 is essential to the success of Hartnell College. Our Chapter is dedicated to improving the lives of our students, fellow employees, and community. As of October 1, 2020, our Chapter has approximately 140 members working at Hartnell.
The primary objectives of Hartnell Chapter No. 470, CSEA “shall be to…” (source: CSEA 470 Constitution):
- “promote the good and welfare of the members of this organization under the available labor relations system,”
- “to secure for them reasonable hours, fair wages and improved working conditions; ”
- “to establish a spirit of cooperation, good faith and fair dealings with the employer; “
- “to safeguard, advance and promote the principle of free collective bargaining
in a democratic society; “
- “to promote such legislation as may be in the best interests of the members of this organization; “
- “to promote the efficiency and raise the standards of service of its members and other public service workers; ”
- “to instill confidence, good will and understanding among the members and their employers; ”
- “to promote the economic and social welfare of the members of the Association through unity of action and mutual cooperation.”
About the California School Employees Association (CSEA)
Founded in 1927 by school custodians in Oakland, “[t]he California School Employees Association is the largest classified school employees union in the United States, representing more than 250,000 school support staff throughout California” (Source: CSEA).