This page is for all new classified staff members who want to know more about Chapter #470 of the California School Employees Association, aka “your union.” CSEA 470 represents* you, and we hope you will join us and become an active member.
You are not a “dues paying” or “active” member until you join CSEA. While Chapter 470 is the exclusive representative for your job classification, you need to join the association (and pay dues) to receive most benefits.
Step 1: Join CSEA
- Go to https://www.csea.com/join and fill out your card
(you can also ask an E-Board member for an application).
Step 2: Learn about CSEA (“the Association”)
(Chapter 470 is affiliated with the Monterey Bay Central Labor Council, AFL-CIO)
(CSEA is affiliated with the American Federation of Labor-Congress of Industrial Organizations)
Step 3: Learn about Chapter 470
- Please review the Chapter documents, including our contract/collective bargaining agreement, or CBA, any memorandum of understanding (MOU) in effect, and our Constitution and Bylaws (this will tell you about how we operate and member rights and responsibilities):
- Review member benefits (active membership required):
- Let any E-Board member know if you have any questions about the Chapter, your Union, membership, or any other concerns or issues you may have:
Step 4: Get Involved and Stay Engaged!
- Attend a Chapter Meeting (we meet at least once per month, see the mailing list or our Chapter Meetings page for details).
- Read our newsletters.
- Get to know your co-workers, our wonderful students, and community.
- Report any individual or group concerns to an E-Board member or other person in leadership and we will do our best to assist you.
- Learn more about how CSEA works with your CSEA website account:
https://www.csea.com/user (active membership required)